Konnichiwa!

Greetings from Tokyo! Nick and I have arrived and so far, so good.

Up at 4am local time, gotta love the international date line!

Our flight from Boston to NYC was eventful, Nick seated next to a Ghanian prophet who apparently had two of his fingers change to black/white just days before the Obama/Biden election! This was confirmed by his immaculate business card, which is of course, a fold out with pictures. I was seated next to a man smelling of booze from his binge the night before who could not control his own spit when speaking. I'm assuming he's a bit more charming when not still drunk from the night before.

We got here at about 5pm local time on Thursday, settled into our hotel, and then hit a small 'diner' near by where we had some really tasty dumplings and noodles. People seem receptive to our attempts at Japanese and are very willing to help which is great. I'd forgotten that smoking is allowed in public here, which is just kind of weird as it's been banned for so long at home. My first instinct was to turn and remind them they couldn't spark up indoors, fortunately I was able to overcome my lack-of-sleep-induced haze and remember I was indeed, not in Boston anymore.

At our hotel we had complimentary robes and slippers, unfortunately about 3 sizes too small for the American torso. I'm going to get a picture up, but the slippers really made me feel like my feet were ginormous! The lights have more on off switches than I've ever seen, able to control several permutations and configurations with a console next to the beds. But if you have to be up before dawn, at least there's a nice little tea set to start the day off with.

That's all for now,


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ochocinco's got nothin' on this character!

Back to Tokyo, Shinjuku!